Aerospace Brand Vernier Caliper 150mm/6"
Product Made in China (Not advisable for very accurate readings. Chances for error possible). Can be used for approximate measurements and for training purposes.
A Vernier caliper is a device used to measure the dimensions of an object.
Diagram of "Vernier callipers". The labelled parts are
- Outside large jaws: used to measure external diameter of an object (like a hollow cylinder) or width of an object (like a rod), diameter of an object (like a sphere)
- Inside small jaws: used to measure the internal diameter of an object (like a hollow cylinder or pipe)
- Depth probe/rod: used to measure depths of an object (like a small beaker) or a hole
- Main scale (Metric): scale marked every mm and helps to measure length correct up to 1 mm
- Main scale (Imperial): scale marked in inches and fractions
- Vernier scale (Metric) gives interpolated measurements to 0.1 mm or better
- Vernier scale (Imperial) gives interpolated measurements in fractions of an inch
- Retainer: used to block movable part to allow the easy transferring of a measurement